Budapest: the population of the capital of Hungary is 1.8 million. There are another 10 cities with a population in excess of 100,000, including: Debrecen (220,000 residents), Miskolc (180,000), Szeged (160,000), Pécs (160,000), Győr (130,000).
SHOOTEASY specializes in scripted/non-scripted television productions, feature films and commercials alike, in Budapest, Hungary, and the Central European region. Shooteasy provides a fixer, or fixers, and any other professional crew, gear and locations for your production.
SHOOTEASY is a Budapest based production services and production company, mainly concentrating on the professional demands and requirements of American, European and Asian production houses, companies and agencies.
SHOOTEASY works across all genres in production (documentaries, docurealities, current affairs, light entertainment, commercials, feature films, photography). We take responsibility for all the organizational aspects of production scheduling and budgeting. We assist producers in interpreting and implementing the directors' visions, both financially and logistically.
SHOOTEASY has the most experienced fixers in Hungary, we know how we can provide the best fixer services and solutions for your production.
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
Zero Point Zero Production
Expedition Unknown: The Sultan’s Heart
Ping Pong Productions
Expedition Unknown: The Lost Tomb of Attila the Hun
Ping Pong Productions
Karga 7 Pictures
Remember Us: The Hungarian Hidden Children
Green Leaf Productions/Lazarus Films
Emmy Award winner documentary
Could I Live There
Karga 7 Pictures
The Road Trick/Destination Magic
Red Bull TV
House Hunters International: Honk If You Love Hungary
North One Television
Origins of Wine
BBC Persian & BBC World
Islam In Europe
Warner Bros International Television Belgium
Jane McDonald: All at Sea
Hear Their Stories
Tracey Lee Hayes
Westpac Bicentennial Foundation
Like A Shot Entertainment
Hat Trick Productions
Nader Hamdy: Mansethash
Cube Music & Halawany Music Productions
House Hunters International - Blindsided by Budapest
House Hunters International - To Budapest and Beyond
House Hunters International - Only the Best in Budapest
Conflict Zone - Guest: Zoltán Kovács
Jeremy Wade's Mighty Rivers
Chris Tarrant: Extreme Railways - Balkans
Channel 5 Television
Eneos - Corporate Film
Two Cats Productions
SHOOTEASY is your best choice if you need a fixer’s help for your shooting/filming.
SHOOTEASY knows Hungary and Budapest extremely well, its associates and contributors have a wide range of experience and excellent professional networks, they can certainly be part of the creative process, and help achieve your goal: a perfect production. Do you need research, more information, location advice, or crew recruitment? A SHOOTEASY fixer will help you. We provide ideas and suggestion regarding who you should involve, either as a character in your production, or as a member of your crew.
We won’t say yes to unfeasible ideas (although we believe that nothing is impossible). And you will know the real costs of your shooting.
Of course, you need locations for your shooting. Please inform us about your ideas based on your script - or just give a verbal description - and we’ll suggest some suitable locations to you. If you need photos or clips about the suggested locations, we’ll provide them.
We have experience in television, film and internet productions, commercials, music videos, corporate films and photography alike. We can be part of your production from initial development to post-production.
From Hungarian, German, Turkish, French, Italian, Russian to English – or any other language, are also available and are at your disposal.
If you need an entire production crew or just a few crew members, we will recommend you the best Hungarian – or expat - professionals and/or hire them for your production.
We can also conduct/organize castings for your production, for any role.
SHOOTEASY will give you advice and provide you with the best experts of the special Hungarian film incentive system. All local, Hungarian expenses (with a very few exceptions) qualify for a 25% rebate. An additional allowance of 25% of the local, Hungarian spending can be used for foreign costs by a Hungarian Production company. This qualifies for a 25% rebate as well.
SHOOTEASY can answer all the questions you may have about anything concerning your shooting, including locations, security, language and technical matters. Knowing the right people and how to speak to them in their own language is a crucial element in making the shooting process as smooth as possible. It will save you both time and money.
CEO, producer, line producer
svp production & operation
fixer in Hungary, production manager
our fixer & producer in Sarajevo (covers Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro)
our fixer & producer in Athens (covers Greece, Cyprus and Italy)
assistant to producer
- Films (for cinema and television) produced in Hungary are eligible for a 30 % rebate based on their expenditure emerged in the country
- The incentive is available through local business companies who receive significant tax relief after their support of films
- Films of all genres made for cinema release
- Feature films, series, documentaries and animations made for televisions or other distribution platforms
- Porn and extreme violent films, commercials, reality shows and daily soap operas are excluded
- Films applying for the incentive have to be submitted to a cultural test
- Films must contain European content or cultural values and additional points are granted if EU nationals are either making or financing the movie (point system)
- 16 points has to be earned to pass
- Hungarian companies, registered with the National Film Office (NFO) are eligible to apply
- Foreign companies should conclude coproduction or service agreements with Hungarian registered company
- Production has to be registered at NFO
- Start of filming has to be reported to NFO
- Corporate-tax-paying domestic companies that may reduce their tax payable and tax base by the financial support they provide (double write-off) - 16% profit realized
- The financial support is provided in the form of a cash refund (post-financing)
- All the direct film production costs are eligible except those excluded by the film law; other costs are limited by the law (see below)
- The producer is free to spend 20% of the budget outside Hungary without suffering a reduction in the amount of the incentive. This means that not only the spend made to Hungarian taxpayers will qualify, but also some of the services provided by foreign taxpayers - up to 20% of the total production budget. (Consequently 25% of the Hungarian spend will be refunded)
- Part of copyright costs over 4% of the budget
- Travel costs are limited to trips from and to Hungary, stopover possible
- P&A is limited up to 2% of the budget (but max 5m HUF)
- Cost of services delivered by non-Hungarian sub-contractors limited up to 25% of eligible Hungarian spend.
- Producersʼ fee maximum up to 4%
- Up to 20% of the eligible production expense (Hungarian or not-Hungarian)
- The non-Hungarian eligible spend is capped at 25% of the Hungarian eligible spend
- Total state subsidies shall not exceed 50% of the production budget, or
-in case of co-productions 50% of the Hungarian contribution,
-in case of low-budget films and films produced in Hungarian language the extent of subsidies is 90%,
-in case of documentaries, animation, shorts, experimental films etc. - 100%
- Experienced crews
- Languages spoken
- Well equipped new studios – sound stages
- Variety of filming locations
- Post-production facilities and expertise
- Certain banks are willing to pre-finance state subsidies and VAT
- Depending on the bank and the individual contract they keep a percentage from the 20% (meaning the actual rebate will be about 16%)
- Deal with NFO for monthly or quarterly accounting
If you need production services or a fixer in Hungary or you are interested in shooting in Central Europe please contact us
Shooteasy Szolgáltató Kft.
/Shooteasy Production Services Ltd./
H-1097 Budapest, Vaskapu u. 17/A 5/2
offices: H-1095 Budapest, Soroksári út 48, building 1, ground floor
+36 1 619 9393 (office hours)
+36 30 821 1010 (24/7 service)